Home » News » Public Safety
Gun-related incidents at Kingston, North Hampton schools put police, administrators on alert
In North Hampton, police launched an investigation after parents and officials from the North Hampton School reported that an 11-year-old student had allegedly threatened to shoot another student of the same age with a shotgun on school grounds.
The information came from third parties, but Page said he believes it was a credible threat.
Meanwhile, State Police and Kingston police on Tuesday continued their investigation into an incident at Sanborn Regional High School in which a former student was arrested and charged with criminal threatening.
Police responded to the high school after receiving a report that a man, later identified as Soucy, had allegedly flashed a gun and threatened other individuals in the parking lot.
Police are still investigating to determine whether Soucy had a gun as reported.
Blake said he was pleased with the way the administration, students, and faculty handled the situation.
The first police cruiser arrived within 40 seconds of the call being placed, Blake said.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Nashua man critical after being hit by box truck - 0
- Durham fire chief considered for similar post in Natick, Mass. - 0
- Wood-drying kiln heavily damaged by fire - 0
- FinnaRageTV uses Keene for promotion - 0
- After Keene riot, PSU campus on alert as party plan is spread by social media - 1
- 2-alarm Manchester fire displaces 10 - 0
- Missing Mason man found dead - 0
- Nashua police chief to retire - 0
- Pinkerton student taken to hospital after being hit by car - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- 'Bingo hunting' police use random license plate checks to make arrest - 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
Hockey brought them together; Hooksett ice rink will serve as NH couple's 'church' for wedding
NH Audubon's Rare Bird Alert
Dartmouth women skaters beat Union
Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison