Home » News » Public Safety
Gun-related incidents at Kingston, North Hampton schools put police, administrators on alert
In North Hampton, police launched an investigation after parents and officials from the North Hampton School reported that an 11-year-old student had allegedly threatened to shoot another student of the same age with a shotgun on school grounds.
The information came from third parties, but Page said he believes it was a credible threat.
Meanwhile, State Police and Kingston police on Tuesday continued their investigation into an incident at Sanborn Regional High School in which a former student was arrested and charged with criminal threatening.
Police responded to the high school after receiving a report that a man, later identified as Soucy, had allegedly flashed a gun and threatened other individuals in the parking lot.
Police are still investigating to determine whether Soucy had a gun as reported.
Blake said he was pleased with the way the administration, students, and faculty handled the situation.
The first police cruiser arrived within 40 seconds of the call being placed, Blake said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester police honor their own for dedicated service - 0
- Damage from water main break closes portion of Allds Street in Nashua - 0
- Former UNH police chief remembered as 'amazing leader' - 0
- Pinkerton warns community of person soliciting students - 0
- Oil tanker strikes Memorial Bridge early Friday - 1
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Water main break in downtown Nashua - 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 7
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief