Home » News » Public Safety
Gun-related incidents at Kingston, North Hampton schools put police, administrators on alert
In North Hampton, police launched an investigation after parents and officials from the North Hampton School reported that an 11-year-old student had allegedly threatened to shoot another student of the same age with a shotgun on school grounds.
The information came from third parties, but Page said he believes it was a credible threat.
Meanwhile, State Police and Kingston police on Tuesday continued their investigation into an incident at Sanborn Regional High School in which a former student was arrested and charged with criminal threatening.
Police responded to the high school after receiving a report that a man, later identified as Soucy, had allegedly flashed a gun and threatened other individuals in the parking lot.
Police are still investigating to determine whether Soucy had a gun as reported.
Blake said he was pleased with the way the administration, students, and faculty handled the situation.
The first police cruiser arrived within 40 seconds of the call being placed, Blake said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Alderman, chief have heated exchange over police residency requirements - 5
- Winter heating season means homeowners need to be alert - 0
- Teen driver hospitalized following accident in Rindge - 0
- Neighbor won't be charged in shooting death of Rumney chiropractor - 12
- Despite contract provisions, most Manchester police officers live outside city - 23
- Londonderry response team celebrates 10th anniversary - 0
- Police say to expect more arrests in wake of Keene chaos - 6
- Keene police working to identify rioters, notify other colleges of students' participation - 8
- Bedford woman injured when tree falls on her - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- John H. Sununu: Voters, pick a governor who is serious about the Pledge - 1
- Team Obama: Faking right, voting left - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: This government 'investment' is a bad idea - 0
- Preventing riots: What should Keene do? - 0
- Manchester mayor asks aldermen to hold abandonded property owners accountable - 0
- Residents given Londonderry playing field priority - 0
- NH has 1,300 guardrail ends targeted in federal safety suit - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Meat cleaver has key role in threats, assault case - 0
- Mass. man charged with robbing Tobacco Junction store in Pelham - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate