Home » News » Public Safety
Second Gilford police officer placed on leave with pay
Holly P. Harris, one of two Gilford police officers designated as a school resource officer in the town school system, was placed on leave in early September, said Lt. James Leach, who is acting chief of the department while Chief Kevin Keenan is on administrative leave.
Town officials, meanwhile, continue to refuse any comment on either officer.
Harris began her law enforcement career in 2004 with the Belmont Police Department. In August of 2005, she joined the Gilford Police Department as a school resource officer and as a D.A.R.E instructor for students in the Gilford School District.
Leach has been placed in temporary command of the department.
Dunn said the police cruiser Keenan was allowed to drive to and from his home was turned over, but he refused to say if Keenan had turned in his badge and gun.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Five hikers rescued in separate incidents Saturday - 2
- Powerboat hits canoe on Winnipesaukee - 3
- Police search for driver in Hollis hit-and-run - 1
- Canoe, powerboat collide on Lake Winnipesaukee - 0
- Brothers escape being hit by circling boat - 1
- Cornish truck driver charged in fatal Merrimack crash - 2
- Truck flips on I-93 at Exit 4 on-ramp in Londonderry - 0
- Salem family ldisplaced by house fire - 0
- Mother says Abigail in 'deteriorated' health - 17
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hassan vetoes bill to impose 'politeness' standards on public employees - 0
- Jailed man faces new charge for allegedly contacting witness - 0
- Abby says it's incredible to be home; mom tells TODAY daughter did not run away - 6
- Nashua man arrested in Brookline stabbing - 0
- Cumberland Farms robbed; third store hit this month in Rochester - 0
- E-cigarettes find a market in NH - 2
- Real estate transfer tax proposal pulled off table - 0
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 5
- Another View -- Mike Biundo: Where is Shaheen's gas price outrage now? - 5
Protesting workers nix Market Basket amnesty
Gorham man arrested for kidnapping Abigail
LNG plant put 'on hold'
E-cigarettes find a market in NH
20140728-Dover patient shocked by $3,766 Wentworth-Douglass charged insurer for tube of cold sore cream
Cabrera, Blue Jays trounce fading Red Sox