Home » News » Public Safety
Second Gilford police officer placed on leave with pay
Holly P. Harris, one of two Gilford police officers designated as a school resource officer in the town school system, was placed on leave in early September, said Lt. James Leach, who is acting chief of the department while Chief Kevin Keenan is on administrative leave.
Town officials, meanwhile, continue to refuse any comment on either officer.
Harris began her law enforcement career in 2004 with the Belmont Police Department. In August of 2005, she joined the Gilford Police Department as a school resource officer and as a D.A.R.E instructor for students in the Gilford School District.
Leach has been placed in temporary command of the department.
Dunn said the police cruiser Keenan was allowed to drive to and from his home was turned over, but he refused to say if Keenan had turned in his badge and gun.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
- Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Sunapee driver charged in Vermont couple's deaths - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072