Home » News » Public Safety
Second Gilford police officer placed on leave with pay
Holly P. Harris, one of two Gilford police officers designated as a school resource officer in the town school system, was placed on leave in early September, said Lt. James Leach, who is acting chief of the department while Chief Kevin Keenan is on administrative leave.
Town officials, meanwhile, continue to refuse any comment on either officer.
Harris began her law enforcement career in 2004 with the Belmont Police Department. In August of 2005, she joined the Gilford Police Department as a school resource officer and as a D.A.R.E instructor for students in the Gilford School District.
Leach has been placed in temporary command of the department.
Dunn said the police cruiser Keenan was allowed to drive to and from his home was turned over, but he refused to say if Keenan had turned in his badge and gun.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 8
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072