Home » News » Public Safety
Second Gilford police officer placed on leave with pay
Holly P. Harris, one of two Gilford police officers designated as a school resource officer in the town school system, was placed on leave in early September, said Lt. James Leach, who is acting chief of the department while Chief Kevin Keenan is on administrative leave.
Town officials, meanwhile, continue to refuse any comment on either officer.
Harris began her law enforcement career in 2004 with the Belmont Police Department. In August of 2005, she joined the Gilford Police Department as a school resource officer and as a D.A.R.E instructor for students in the Gilford School District.
Leach has been placed in temporary command of the department.
Dunn said the police cruiser Keenan was allowed to drive to and from his home was turned over, but he refused to say if Keenan had turned in his badge and gun.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
- Hampton police searching for missing Mass. woman - 0
- Officials mum on investigation of Lyman infant's death - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 6
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 11
- Another View - Kevin Smith: Londonderry is showing how to make NH business-friendly - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Praising freedom: While curtailing it
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax