Nashua Board of Education seeks Common Core clarity
Some educators and communities welcome the new guidelines they feel emphasize abilities needed in a science and technology-rich economy and culture. Others worry about the loss of local control over schools, and untested and unfunded mandates from state and federal governments.
At Nashua’s first workshop on Common Core, school board members expressed support but they also wanted more details on how teachers will bring the standards into their classrooms.
“In my view, if Common Core would suddenly go away, we wouldn’t be doing anything different,” he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- David Harsanyi : What the Pope gets wrong about capitalism - 0
- Bob Witkop: Obama is not the only one to blame for Obamacare - 24
- Jonah Goldberg: Coming to grips with the rise of the machines - 3
- George Will: The choices we have on Iran - 0
- Roger Simon: We should not be in Afghanistan next year - 3
- Charles Krauthammer: America in retreat, allies abandoned - 0
- Charles Lane: A Social Security fix that fixes nothing - 26
- Fergus Cullen: Baines and Bramante modernize education for the iTunes era - 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Volunteers sought for discipline committees
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
Ads go after Shea-Porter for ACA support
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383