Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Woman shot by police had sped off from traffic stop, nearly hit person, AG statement says
"They pretty much executed her," said a grieving Charles Peter, who has dated Lawrence for 3 1/2 years.
Peter said Lawrence, who just turned 44 and lived in Canterbury, had left his Warner home and was on her way to Concord late Monday afternoon. On Monday night, residents said Manchester police told them that state police had been pursuing the car from Bow. The driver had exited Interstate 93 at 9S, weaved through neighborhoods and rammed a state police cruiser that pulled in front of her, according to accounts neighbors relayed from police.
By Tuesday morning, the police cars, ambulances, investigators and crowds were gone from the intersection of Dave Street and Kennard Road. A sprinkling of sand was on the pavement where the shooting took place in the North End neighborhood.
"We are not in a position to comment on the facts yet, since we are still in the early stages of the investigation," he wrote in an email.
Court records viewed Tuesday show Lawrence had been arrested for assaulting her boyfriend, multiple charges of marijuana possession, violation of a restraining order and drunken driving.
In the domestic violence case, Lawrence was accused of assaulting Charles Peter on Sept. 15, 2012. She was also accused of hitting Peter in the face and leaving a mark, and breaking a telephone to prevent him from calling police.
He teared up as he visited the shooting scene, spoke to reporters and embraced friends. One was Gary Boulac, Lawrence's ex-husband, who lives just around the corner from where she was shot.
Boulac said he met her at the Suncook American Legion, and Peter said she was a member of the VFW-Auxiliary.
No sirens heard
Meanwhile, another neighbor said that no sirens preceded the several gunshots she heard about 6:30 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Delayed sexual assault trial to start today - 0
- Manchester man charged in series of store robberies - 0
- Fugitive convicted of stabbing Manchester man in heart in ’96 - 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 0
- National champion SNHU booters return home to big welcome - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Football team on to SE Louisiana - 0
- Nashua aldermen set to vote on contract for teachers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Let there be Christmas lights - 0
- Plea deal possible in Littleton murder - 0
- New UNH logo draws mixed reactions - 0
- Gilmanton library may shut down if it doesn’t get funding - 0
- Father not convinced girl in video is Abigail Hernandez - 0
New Hampshire Senior News Notes
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424