Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Woman shot by police had sped off from traffic stop, nearly hit person, AG statement says
"They pretty much executed her," said a grieving Charles Peter, who has dated Lawrence for 3 1/2 years.
Peter said Lawrence, who just turned 44 and lived in Canterbury, had left his Warner home and was on her way to Concord late Monday afternoon. On Monday night, residents said Manchester police told them that state police had been pursuing the car from Bow. The driver had exited Interstate 93 at 9S, weaved through neighborhoods and rammed a state police cruiser that pulled in front of her, according to accounts neighbors relayed from police.
By Tuesday morning, the police cars, ambulances, investigators and crowds were gone from the intersection of Dave Street and Kennard Road. A sprinkling of sand was on the pavement where the shooting took place in the North End neighborhood.
"We are not in a position to comment on the facts yet, since we are still in the early stages of the investigation," he wrote in an email.
Court records viewed Tuesday show Lawrence had been arrested for assaulting her boyfriend, multiple charges of marijuana possession, violation of a restraining order and drunken driving.
In the domestic violence case, Lawrence was accused of assaulting Charles Peter on Sept. 15, 2012. She was also accused of hitting Peter in the face and leaving a mark, and breaking a telephone to prevent him from calling police.
He teared up as he visited the shooting scene, spoke to reporters and embraced friends. One was Gary Boulac, Lawrence's ex-husband, who lives just around the corner from where she was shot.
Boulac said he met her at the Suncook American Legion, and Peter said she was a member of the VFW-Auxiliary.
No sirens heard
Meanwhile, another neighbor said that no sirens preceded the several gunshots she heard about 6:30 p.m.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424