Sep 18, 2014
Sep 4, 2014
Aug 28, 2014
Aug 21, 2014
Manchester police capture wanted man, thanks to tips from public
Timothy Wayne Smith, 22, was arrested after the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force received multiple tips that he was in the Green Street area in Manchester.
One of the tips indicated that Smith was at a specific apartment in the 200 block of Green Street. Manchester police quickly when to that apartment where they found Green and arrested him without incident.
He was booked at the Manchester police station and then taken to the Valley Street jail, pending his return to New Hampshire State Prison.
Smith was on parole due to a prior conviction for receiving stolen property. The state Department of Corrections Adult Parole Board issued the warrant for his arrest for the parole violation.
According to the U.S. Marshals Service, Green also is the prime suspect in several burglaries in the Lebanon, Maine area in which guns were stolen. Due to the seriousness of those allegations, Smith was considered to be armed and dangerous.
Authorities did not indicate whether he was armed when police arrested him.
READER COMMENTS: 19
- Dalton man sentenced for assaulting inmate - 0
- Hampstead man accused of sex assaults on girl - 0
- Police say man kills daughter, 6 grandchildren in Fla. murder-suicide - 2
- 2 men arrested in Manchester SWAT raid, drug bust - 4
- 2 women sentenced in Home Depot scam - 0
- Man accused of stabbing man in Concord's White Park - 0
- Friends, co-workers mourn loss of Amherst mother and son - 4
- Vermont father, two sons facing charges for Canobie Lake Park scuffle - 2
- Son used AK-47 to kill mother, then himself in Amherst home - 40
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Scots spurn independence, vote to stay in the United Kingdom - 1
- Roger Brown's First and 10: Answers forthcoming - 0
- NHMS chief Gappens is on board with the Chase changes - 0
- Another View -- Ben Rose: How NH's John Stark helped defeat the British at Saratoga - 1
- Celebrating Claremont: A 250th birthday party - 0
- Trashed lunches: Brownies, broccoli and bucks - 7
- Hampstead's Suess ready for Whelen Modified race - 0
- College Football: Big Green kick off season vs. Cent. Connecticut - 0
- Londonderry Rotary to host forum next week - 0
Supporters eager for Hillary's return to NH
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Ayotte pushes bill to combat 'spice'
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917