Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Manchester police capture wanted man, thanks to tips from public
Timothy Wayne Smith, 22, was arrested after the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force received multiple tips that he was in the Green Street area in Manchester.
One of the tips indicated that Smith was at a specific apartment in the 200 block of Green Street. Manchester police quickly when to that apartment where they found Green and arrested him without incident.
He was booked at the Manchester police station and then taken to the Valley Street jail, pending his return to New Hampshire State Prison.
Smith was on parole due to a prior conviction for receiving stolen property. The state Department of Corrections Adult Parole Board issued the warrant for his arrest for the parole violation.
According to the U.S. Marshals Service, Green also is the prime suspect in several burglaries in the Lebanon, Maine area in which guns were stolen. Due to the seriousness of those allegations, Smith was considered to be armed and dangerous.
Authorities did not indicate whether he was armed when police arrested him.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 29
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 1
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 1
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424