Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Manchester police capture wanted man, thanks to tips from public
Timothy Wayne Smith, 22, was arrested after the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force received multiple tips that he was in the Green Street area in Manchester.
One of the tips indicated that Smith was at a specific apartment in the 200 block of Green Street. Manchester police quickly when to that apartment where they found Green and arrested him without incident.
He was booked at the Manchester police station and then taken to the Valley Street jail, pending his return to New Hampshire State Prison.
Smith was on parole due to a prior conviction for receiving stolen property. The state Department of Corrections Adult Parole Board issued the warrant for his arrest for the parole violation.
According to the U.S. Marshals Service, Green also is the prime suspect in several burglaries in the Lebanon, Maine area in which guns were stolen. Due to the seriousness of those allegations, Smith was considered to be armed and dangerous.
Authorities did not indicate whether he was armed when police arrested him.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
Alewives and leeches; fireworks in the rain
- Total Votes: 917