Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Manchester police capture wanted man, thanks to tips from public
Timothy Wayne Smith, 22, was arrested after the U.S. Marshals Fugitive Task Force received multiple tips that he was in the Green Street area in Manchester.
One of the tips indicated that Smith was at a specific apartment in the 200 block of Green Street. Manchester police quickly when to that apartment where they found Green and arrested him without incident.
He was booked at the Manchester police station and then taken to the Valley Street jail, pending his return to New Hampshire State Prison.
Smith was on parole due to a prior conviction for receiving stolen property. The state Department of Corrections Adult Parole Board issued the warrant for his arrest for the parole violation.
According to the U.S. Marshals Service, Green also is the prime suspect in several burglaries in the Lebanon, Maine area in which guns were stolen. Due to the seriousness of those allegations, Smith was considered to be armed and dangerous.
Authorities did not indicate whether he was armed when police arrested him.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 0
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Salem drops $50 permit for Sunday sales
Anthony M. Kay
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917