Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Pelham police arrest woman at abandoned home
PELHAM – Police say they caught a woman in the act of burglarizing an abandoned home on Mammoth Road Tuesday afternoon.
About 2 p.m., police received a call about a suspicious van parked in the driveway at the house.
When they arrived, they found a running van with Massachusetts license plates in the driveway but with no one in it.
Officers checked the house, discovered a basement door open and then surrounded the house. As they were about to enter it, police said Lynda Leonard Olson, 61, of Lowell, Mass., came out one of the front doors.
She said she was just looking around because she knew the home was vacant. Police said based on evidence at the scene, Olson broke into the home through the basement and tried to steal brass door knobs.
She was arrested and charged with burglary.
What's next: Olson is free on $5,000 personal recognizance bail and is scheduled for arraignment Oct. 21 in 10th Circuit Court, Salem District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury considers fate of Londonderry man in sex assault trial - 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 2
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 4
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 1
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 8
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief