Oct 30, 2014
Oct 2, 2014
Sep 25, 2014
Sep 18, 2014
Pelham police arrest woman at abandoned home
PELHAM – Police say they caught a woman in the act of burglarizing an abandoned home on Mammoth Road Tuesday afternoon.
About 2 p.m., police received a call about a suspicious van parked in the driveway at the house.
When they arrived, they found a running van with Massachusetts license plates in the driveway but with no one in it.
Officers checked the house, discovered a basement door open and then surrounded the house. As they were about to enter it, police said Lynda Leonard Olson, 61, of Lowell, Mass., came out one of the front doors.
She said she was just looking around because she knew the home was vacant. Police said based on evidence at the scene, Olson broke into the home through the basement and tried to steal brass door knobs.
She was arrested and charged with burglary.
What's next: Olson is free on $5,000 personal recognizance bail and is scheduled for arraignment Oct. 21 in 10th Circuit Court, Salem District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford police investigating burglary at Verizon Wireless store - 0
- Police: Manchester man charged with endangering child after going 101 mph - 0
- Man faces robbery, assault charges after extradition from NY - 0
- Driver overdosing on heroin causes crash - 0
- Hill sex offender arrested for 2012 arson of own home in Northfield - 0
- Deliberations begin in trial of former Derry man accused of sex assault - 0
- Mazzaglia pleads guilty to devising escape plan - 0
- Manchester pair arrested for fighting in Merrimack parking lot - 0
- Nashua man who was shot by officer sentenced to 5-10 years - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John Habib's City Sports: St. Thomas coach: I owe Central - 0
- Armed burglar from Derry sentenced to prison - 0
- FairPoint customer concerned about blocked emails - 0
- Plaistow narrows field in search for its new police chief - 0
- Hershey Bears shut out Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bedford used pick-six to beat Central - 0
- NHIAA Football: Bishop Guertin completes miracle, makes playoffs with win over Nashua South - 0
- NHIAA Football Roundup: Souhegan closes out season with a win - 0
- NHIAA Football: Londonderry edges Salem in wild finish - 0
- Whom do you think bears the brunt of the blame for the mayhem this weekend in Keene?
- KSC students
- KSC administration
- Visitors from out of town
- A combination of any/all of the above
- Total Votes: 2483