Tide change: Concord now No.1 in poll, Exeter slips to 5th
Bishop Guertin of Nashua's 21-14 overtime victory against Exeter on Saturday night paved the way for Concord to move into the No. 1 spot in this week's Union Leader/WGIR/WMUR Power Poll, which was released Monday morning.
Concord's only concern coming out of that game may be the 371 yards passing it allowed. Memorial quarterback Stephen Deane completed 15 of 27 passes, three of which were good for TDs.
"Concord is, on paper, the best team in the state right now," Pinkerton coach Brian O'Reilly said after his team's 35-14 triumph over Londonderry Saturday night.
Pinkerton (3-1) is No. 4 in the poll, Exeter (3-1) having dropped from first to fifth. BG (3-1) moved from eighth to sixth.
BISHOP GUERTIN has won three of its first four Division I games, even though running back/receiver C.J. Boykin has yet to play a down during the regular season. Boykin suffered an elbow injury against Manchester Central during the Queen City Jamboree.
"Hoping to get him cleared a week from (today)," Cote said. "It's a dislocated elbow, and initially they thought it would be two weeks, but they found some bone chips.
THERE is one game on this weekend's schedule that involves teams that are both in this week's Power Poll: Friday night's matchup between No. 3 Nashua South and No. 5 Exeter at Nashua's Stellos Stadium.
Exeter has a 3-1 record against South since the Blue Hawks moved from Division II to Division I following the 2009 season.
Roger Brown covers high school football for the New Hampshire Union Leader and Sunday News. He can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org. Follow him on Twitter: @603sportsmedia.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 1
- U.S. preparing for grueling World Cup - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 1
READER COMMENTS: 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 2
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 1
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- 'Freedom Salute' honors NH Guard unit for saving lives - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840