Tide change: Concord now No.1 in poll, Exeter slips to 5th
Bishop Guertin of Nashua's 21-14 overtime victory against Exeter on Saturday night paved the way for Concord to move into the No. 1 spot in this week's Union Leader/WGIR/WMUR Power Poll, which was released Monday morning.
Concord's only concern coming out of that game may be the 371 yards passing it allowed. Memorial quarterback Stephen Deane completed 15 of 27 passes, three of which were good for TDs.
"Concord is, on paper, the best team in the state right now," Pinkerton coach Brian O'Reilly said after his team's 35-14 triumph over Londonderry Saturday night.
Pinkerton (3-1) is No. 4 in the poll, Exeter (3-1) having dropped from first to fifth. BG (3-1) moved from eighth to sixth.
BISHOP GUERTIN has won three of its first four Division I games, even though running back/receiver C.J. Boykin has yet to play a down during the regular season. Boykin suffered an elbow injury against Manchester Central during the Queen City Jamboree.
"Hoping to get him cleared a week from (today)," Cote said. "It's a dislocated elbow, and initially they thought it would be two weeks, but they found some bone chips.
THERE is one game on this weekend's schedule that involves teams that are both in this week's Power Poll: Friday night's matchup between No. 3 Nashua South and No. 5 Exeter at Nashua's Stellos Stadium.
Exeter has a 3-1 record against South since the Blue Hawks moved from Division II to Division I following the 2009 season.
Roger Brown covers high school football for the New Hampshire Union Leader and Sunday News. He can be reached at email@example.com. Follow him on Twitter: @603sportsmedia.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
- Patriots’ Wilfork maintains he’ll be back - 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 1
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840