Home » News » Public Safety
It burst into flames about 9 p.m. Saturday night, a couple of hundred feet from the Christmas Island Steakhouse and North Pole Tavern, where a Laconia High School graduating class was holding its 30th reunion. Some alumni and restaurant customers were in the parking lot just minutes before the fire was reported, he said.
Erickson said there is no question the fire's origin is suspicious.
He said it is not unusual for the BATF to become part of the investigation. Agents are working with the New Hampshire Fire Marshal's Office, Laconia fire and Laconia police, he said.
The previous weekend, a three-alarm fire destroyed Skate Escape, a roller-skating rink located on Court Street in downtown Laconia. "The devastation hit hard — memorabilia and all of our skate supplies, etc. were taken from us in the fire," the owners, Janine Page and Erica Duncan, wrote on the Skate Escape Facebook page the day after the fire.
A fire also damaged the linen facility associated with Lakes Region General Hospital that weekend.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 3
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072