Home » News » Public Safety
Suspicious box at Alvirne High School not a threat
HUDSON — A suspicious package found in the parking lot at Alvirne High School early Monday evening ultimately presented no danger, but police weren’t taking any chances.
Hudson Police responded to reports of the suspicious metal box, located in the center of the parking lot behind the school, at approximately 5 p.m., according to Police Lt. Kevin DiNapoli.
While there were no classes in session at the time, several groups of students were on campus for various after-school activities.
Members of the Nashua Police Department’s Hazardous Device Unit were promptly called to the scene, where the unidentified item was inspected and later destroyed.
It was later determined that the device was “not suspicious in nature.”
No one was injured during the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Several pets succumb to fire at Farmington home Thursday - 0
- Portsmouth buildings evacuated for reported gas leak - 0
- Mass. man dies in Chesterfield crash - 0
- Manchester collision results in pedestrian's death - 1
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- Dover police convince local man to go to hospital for evaluation - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town, school budgets approved in Amherst - 0
- Wilton-Lyndeborough elementary school merger plan passes - 0
- Hollis voters approve all warrant articles - 0
- Div. I Girls' Basketball: Bedford advances to final with ease - 0
- Boys' Hockey: Souhegan, John Stark-Hopkinton advance in Div. III - 0
- Div. II Boys' Hockey: Bow and Bedford to meet for crown - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Londonderry moves on to title game - 0
- Div. I Boys' Hockey: Central pulls the semifinal upset - 0
- Bruins edge Phoenix for seventh straight win - 0
Town, school budgets approved in Amherst
Rochester firm is ready to add jobs
John Stossel: The bogus war on women
Hollis voters approve all warrant articles
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown to announce exploratory committee for U.S. Senate run
No dice: House kills casino gambling bill