Home » News » Public Safety
Suspicious box at Alvirne High School not a threat
HUDSON — A suspicious package found in the parking lot at Alvirne High School early Monday evening ultimately presented no danger, but police weren’t taking any chances.
Hudson Police responded to reports of the suspicious metal box, located in the center of the parking lot behind the school, at approximately 5 p.m., according to Police Lt. Kevin DiNapoli.
While there were no classes in session at the time, several groups of students were on campus for various after-school activities.
Members of the Nashua Police Department’s Hazardous Device Unit were promptly called to the scene, where the unidentified item was inspected and later destroyed.
It was later determined that the device was “not suspicious in nature.”
No one was injured during the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
- Epping, Merrimack motorists hurt in Route 125 crash - 0
- UPDATE: Sunapee driver charged in Vermont couple's deaths - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072