Home » News » Public Safety
Suspicious box at Alvirne High School not a threat
HUDSON — A suspicious package found in the parking lot at Alvirne High School early Monday evening ultimately presented no danger, but police weren’t taking any chances.
Hudson Police responded to reports of the suspicious metal box, located in the center of the parking lot behind the school, at approximately 5 p.m., according to Police Lt. Kevin DiNapoli.
While there were no classes in session at the time, several groups of students were on campus for various after-school activities.
Members of the Nashua Police Department’s Hazardous Device Unit were promptly called to the scene, where the unidentified item was inspected and later destroyed.
It was later determined that the device was “not suspicious in nature.”
No one was injured during the incident.
READER COMMENTS: 6
- Antrim fire damages cape - 0
- Merrimack students get a sobering lesson about drinking and driving - 0
- Two crashes reported on I-93 in Canterbury, Londonderry - 0
- Man killed in Seabrook fire identified - 0
- UPDATE: Search suspended for Northfield man a second day - 0
- Serious Concord crash injures Mass. woman - 0
- Concord police seek help locating homeless man - 0
- Barrington home destroyed in two-alarm blaze - 0
- Annual banquet on April 23 honors police, fire and EMS - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Merrimack storage facility to be region's largest - 0
- C's lose tiebreaker for draft order - 0
- Transition to new grading system continues in Nashua - 0
- Four burglaries reported in Manchester on Thursday - 0
- Manchester woman arrested twice in two days - 0
- Inspiring sight in downtown Nashua on Good Friday - 0
- Mercury Systems brings 90 jobs to Hudson - 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 0
- Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election