Home » News » Public Safety
Swanzey teen dies in Alstead rollover
ALSTEAD – A Swanzey teen was killed in a crash in the early morning hours Tuesday, and another local teen was injured.
Jacob Nash, 17, of Swanzey, was found dead at the scene when state police responded to a report of a single motor vehicle rollover on the Gilsum Mine Road at 2:47 a.m.
Passenger Hayden Wilmott, 18, of Alstead, was treated at the scene for non-life-threatening injuries.
The teens had not been wearing seat belts when Nash failed to negotiate a right curve and went off the left side of the road and struck a large rock, state police said.
Preliminary investigation results indicate Nash was driving the southbound 1995 Subaru Impreza at a high rate of speed.
The vehicle rolled over multiple times, then came to a rest in the southbound travel lane.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett officer struck by motorist - 2
- UPDATE: Thornton woman dies after being struck by car in Campton - 0
- Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden - 1
- Fire destroys South Hampton barn - 0
- Boy out walking hit, injured by Jeep in Newton - 0
- Police investigating why Maine woman died in Somersworth apartment - 0
- Body found floating in Portsmouth - 0
- Spofford crash seriously injures two - 0
- Fire destroys barn in South Hampton - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Convicted drug dealer arrested in Nashua on more drug charges - 0
- Former Plaistow finance director charged with theft - 0
- Police: Laconia man threatened harm to toddler - 0
- Sen. Ayotte pushes for bigger broadband bang for buck - 0
- Hanover’s Grabill named top regional soccer coach - 0
- Londonderry's Aliza Simpson chooses UNH for basketball - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs yet to flip switch on power play - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: A.J. Pierzynski OK with Red Sox - 0
- Nashua aldermanic committee votes to help soup kitchen - 0
Somersworth man dies in head-on crash with car driven by Dover City Councilor Michael Weeden
Ex-Tyco CEO granted parole
What Congress? Obama's 'easy way out'
Boy wounded by bullet was to be released
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown cites NH as example of Obamacare 'trainwreck,' will keynote NHGOP event
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072