Town set to auction Mary Foss School
The school was built in 1924 and until earlier this year was occupied by several service organizations, including Greater Salem Caregivers, Rockingham Community Action and Servicelink. Last year, selectmen approved a plan to allow Greater Salem Caregivers to rent space within Town Hall that was once used by the state’s Department of Motor Vehicles.
The auction is scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 17, at 3 p.m. at the property at 287 Lawrence Road. The auction is being conducted by St. Jean Auctioneers of Epping.
In addition to its use as a school and home for social service organizations, the 7,479-square-foot building also served as the town’s senior center until the Ingram Senior Center opened about a decade ago.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Supervised visitation: The metal detector problem - 1
- Charter cap trap: A restriction to repeal - 0
- Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal - 4
- Bedford’s road bond: A good deal for a big fix - 1
- Legislative ethics: NH way works better than most - 0
- Blue shame: Obamacare's big change - 19
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 21
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 10
- Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again - 2
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Hooksett votes down Pinkerton schools deal