Town set to auction Mary Foss School
The school was built in 1924 and until earlier this year was occupied by several service organizations, including Greater Salem Caregivers, Rockingham Community Action and Servicelink. Last year, selectmen approved a plan to allow Greater Salem Caregivers to rent space within Town Hall that was once used by the state’s Department of Motor Vehicles.
The auction is scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 17, at 3 p.m. at the property at 287 Lawrence Road. The auction is being conducted by St. Jean Auctioneers of Epping.
In addition to its use as a school and home for social service organizations, the 7,479-square-foot building also served as the town’s senior center until the Ingram Senior Center opened about a decade ago.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
- Plaistow police chief passes away after battle with cancer - 0
- Manchester forums will allow public to question principal finalists - 0
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long