Town set to auction Mary Foss School
The school was built in 1924 and until earlier this year was occupied by several service organizations, including Greater Salem Caregivers, Rockingham Community Action and Servicelink. Last year, selectmen approved a plan to allow Greater Salem Caregivers to rent space within Town Hall that was once used by the state’s Department of Motor Vehicles.
The auction is scheduled for Thursday, Oct. 17, at 3 p.m. at the property at 287 Lawrence Road. The auction is being conducted by St. Jean Auctioneers of Epping.
In addition to its use as a school and home for social service organizations, the 7,479-square-foot building also served as the town’s senior center until the Ingram Senior Center opened about a decade ago.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- No. 1 UConn women rout No. 2 Duke - 0
- Patriots’ Wilfork maintains he’ll be back - 0
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 1
- Derryfield's Hyde, Faulkner star in ski relays - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383