Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Report of armed man puts Kingston school in lockdown
A short time later, authorities converged on Soucy's Danville residence where he and a female were taken into custody.
State Police Lt. Chris Vetter said Soucy is the only person considered a suspect in the incident, and that the female was later released and isn't expected to face charges.
"There was an allegation that there was, and we're trying to confirm it," Vetter said.
The investigation continues and additional charges are possible, police said.
School Superintendent Brian Blake issued a statement shortly after 1:30 p.m. to say the situation was under control.
"At approximately 12:15 p.m. ... school administrators were notified of a potential security issue involving a weapon outside of the school building," Blake said in his statement."The school took immediate action by notifying the Kingston Police Department and placed the school into a lockdown," he said. "The Kingston Police Department, in conjunction with other law enforcement agencies, responded, deemed the school to be safe, and determined that no weapon had entered the building."The incident alarmed many parents and students.
"It was kind of confusing. We heard the cops and cruisers, and wondered what was happening," he said.
He said students remained in their classrooms with the doors locked."I was concerned, being his first day," said his father, Brian.Anyone with information regarding the investigation is asked to contact State Police Sgt. Melissa Robles or Trooper John Kelly at 223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 7
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424