Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Report of armed man puts Kingston school in lockdown
A short time later, authorities converged on Soucy's Danville residence where he and a female were taken into custody.
State Police Lt. Chris Vetter said Soucy is the only person considered a suspect in the incident, and that the female was later released and isn't expected to face charges.
"There was an allegation that there was, and we're trying to confirm it," Vetter said.
The investigation continues and additional charges are possible, police said.
School Superintendent Brian Blake issued a statement shortly after 1:30 p.m. to say the situation was under control.
"At approximately 12:15 p.m. ... school administrators were notified of a potential security issue involving a weapon outside of the school building," Blake said in his statement."The school took immediate action by notifying the Kingston Police Department and placed the school into a lockdown," he said. "The Kingston Police Department, in conjunction with other law enforcement agencies, responded, deemed the school to be safe, and determined that no weapon had entered the building."The incident alarmed many parents and students.
"It was kind of confusing. We heard the cops and cruisers, and wondered what was happening," he said.
He said students remained in their classrooms with the doors locked."I was concerned, being his first day," said his father, Brian.Anyone with information regarding the investigation is asked to contact State Police Sgt. Melissa Robles or Trooper John Kelly at 223-8490.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth