Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Woman shot, killed after police chase
Senior Assistant Attorney General Jeffery Strelzin confirmed that the woman died of gunshot wounds after being shot by a state trooper near the intersection of Dave Street and Kennard Road, just north of Mammoth Road.
He would not confirm information about the chase, or say whether more than one trooper opened fire after the woman's car struck a state police cruiser.
"For right now, everything else is under investigation," he said. An autopsy is planned later Tuesday, Strelzin said.
The two-door sedan and a damaged New Hampshire State Police cruiser remained parked at the scene as investigators set up cones and reconstructed the events. State police pursued the driver from Bow to exit 9S on I-93 and into a residential area just south of McIntyre Ski Area.
At least 10 Manchester police evidence cones — often used to pinpoint shell casings — were in front of the car, whose front driver's side door was open.
Robert Britton, who lives across from Dave Street, said he was watching television about 6:30 p.m. when he heard eight to 10 gunshots.
"It sounded like somebody was squeezing off an automatic weapon rapid fire," he said.
Ryan Laliberte, who lives just across Mammoth Road from the shooting scene, said he heard several "pops" and initially thought it was fireworks before realizing it was gunfire.
Britton and his wife, Kathy, said a fire truck arrived, and paramedics quickly took the driver out of the car.
The Brittons said a police officer later spoke to them and said the driver, a woman, was being pursued on Interstate 93 by state police.
She got off at Exit 9S, weaved through residential neighborhoods, and then struck a cruiser as it tried to block her.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 8
- Manchester woman accused of driving on sidewalk chasing boyfriend - 17
- Vehicle stops in Manchester yield 3 drug arrests - 5
- Pelham had employed finance head charged with embezzlement - 0
- Two in Keene robbed at home - 0
- Mass. man accused in sex assault of teen in Nashua - 0
- Police seek 4 teens for Manchester robbery - 1
- Manchester man charged in forklift theft - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- UNH unveils new 'shield' logo - 23
- Winter storm pushes up East Coast after weekend blast - 0
- Police looking for information about blood on Pelham road - 0
- UNH drops Saturday night game to BC, 2-1 - 0
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Mass. man says he may have seen missing Conway girl on video - 4
- 'Unprepared' Canadian hikers rescued from Mt. Washington - 2
- Vemont pair killed, Sunapee man hurt in crash on I-89 in Lebanon - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use
UPDATE: 2 dead in I-89 crash in Lebanon, highway northbound restricted to one lane as of 8:20 p.m.
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
UNH lecturers seek to unionize
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424