Home » Sports » Football » Patriots/NFL
Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Waiting for Gronkowski isn't easy
GRONKOWSKI was officially questionable for the game, as was receiver Danny Amendola, but neither made the trip to Atlanta, and thus they led New England's list of inactives.
WHEN Tom Brady took to the Georgia Dome turf on Sunday night, the Patriots' quarterback had a record of 3-0 this season. And so did his former backups.
Earlier Sunday, Brian Hoyer won his second straight start since assuming the helm of the Browns' offense, with Cleveland upsetting the Cincinnati squad that New England encounters next week, 17-6. Hoyer threw for 269 yards, two touchdowns and no interceptions, an efficient performance that put the Brows into an early tie atop the AFC North, knotted with the Bengals and Ravens, all at 2-2.
WELL, the AFC North looks mediocre thus far, might the AFC East be emerging as a better division than many expected? A quarter of the way through the campaign, there are indications that it could be.
Miami is 3-0 entering a Monday Night Football tilt, while Sunday afternoon Buffalo improved to 2-2 by beating Baltimore, 23-20, in a game where the Bills controlled the clock and opened up a 16-point second-half lead on the reigning champions. Later in the day the Jets lost to the Titans, though that signified the first time this season that an AFC East team had lost a game outside the division.
Dave D'Onofrio covers the Patriots for the New Hampshire Union Leader and Sunday News. His e-mail address is firstname.lastname@example.org.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats looking for quicker start against Miami - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 2
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats need to avoid the drama - 0
- Brady to suspicious Texan: Pats 'just played better' - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not half bad - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass