Home » News » Roads and Travel
Broad Street Parkway work to begin in a month in Nashua
According to John Vancor, project manager, construction equipment will likely be on the site of the northern portion of the future roadway by Nov. 1.
"Overall, that is very good news," he added.
Vancor said there are still some unknown issues with the first phase of construction, specifically noting asbestos in the work zone.
"We want that meeting to be as informative as possible," he told the aldermanic Committee on Infrastructure last week.
"I think the neighbors need to know how to protect themselves," she added. Asbestos was previously detected at the former Johns Manville site at 40 Bridge St.
"They want to start on it as soon as possible," Vancor said of R.S. Audley Inc. of Bow. Although the construction contract with R.S. Audley has not yet been officially approved, Vancor expects that to be finalized very soon.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats looking for quicker start against Miami - 0
- Chargers edge Manning, Broncos, 27-20 - 0
- Bears sink Cowboys in frigid battle - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Incredible win tempered by loss of Gronkowski - 2
- Patriots stun Cleveland in another wild comeback - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Pats need to avoid the drama - 0
- Brady to suspicious Texan: Pats 'just played better' - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Not half bad - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass