Home » News » Roads and Travel
Broad Street Parkway work to begin in a month in Nashua
According to John Vancor, project manager, construction equipment will likely be on the site of the northern portion of the future roadway by Nov. 1.
"Overall, that is very good news," he added.
Vancor said there are still some unknown issues with the first phase of construction, specifically noting asbestos in the work zone.
"We want that meeting to be as informative as possible," he told the aldermanic Committee on Infrastructure last week.
"I think the neighbors need to know how to protect themselves," she added. Asbestos was previously detected at the former Johns Manville site at 40 Bridge St.
"They want to start on it as soon as possible," Vancor said of R.S. Audley Inc. of Bow. Although the construction contract with R.S. Audley has not yet been officially approved, Vancor expects that to be finalized very soon.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Thomas Sowell: A primer on race and do-gooders - 0
- Ramesh Ponnuru: There is no basis for liberal Hobby Lobby outrage - 0
- Kathy Sullivan: NH energy projects should produce wins for everyone - 15
- Another View - Kevin Baine: No, the Hobby Lobby ruling won't deny anyone contraception - 6
- Jonah Goldberg: Liberals dislike America - 2
- Another View -- David Ignatius: Iran overplays its hand - 0
- John Stossel: There's capitalism, and then there's crony capitalism - 1
- David Harsanyi: Not surprising more Americans believe freedom is overrated - 1
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Water-loving dogs should be watched so they don't overdo it - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph - 0
- Mazzaglia to be sentenced Aug. 14 for murder of UNH student - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- GOP criticizes Shaheen flip flop on gas tax - 5
- No one has a clear claim to NHMS supremacy - 0
- Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: Does Concord have a big spending problem? - 1
- Ban fireworks? Get serious - 5
- Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot - 1
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax