Broad Street Parkway work to begin in a month in Nashua
According to John Vancor, project manager, construction equipment will likely be on the site of the northern portion of the future roadway by Nov. 1.
"Overall, that is very good news," he added.
Vancor said there are still some unknown issues with the first phase of construction, specifically noting asbestos in the work zone.
"We want that meeting to be as informative as possible," he told the aldermanic Committee on Infrastructure last week.
"I think the neighbors need to know how to protect themselves," she added. Asbestos was previously detected at the former Johns Manville site at 40 Bridge St.
"They want to start on it as soon as possible," Vancor said of R.S. Audley Inc. of Bow. Although the construction contract with R.S. Audley has not yet been officially approved, Vancor expects that to be finalized very soon.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Spanish exchange students feel welcomed at Pinkerton Academy - 0
- Sandown school board member demands surveillance video in letter to superintendent - 2
- Campbell High celebrates a national distinction - 0
- Central High fair to feature admissions officers - 0
- Nashua board reviews eligibility for school sports and clubs - 0
- Nashua fourth-graders show significant gains in science - 0
- UNH math professor earns prestigious MacArthur Fellowship - 0
- School emergency notification system to launch in Londonderry - 0
- New Nashua computer curriculum stresses exam, lifetime skills - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change