Concord, Deerfield school contract talks continue
Members of both school boards and district officials will meet at the Concord SAU building to see if a new 10-year contract can be worked out.
Concord School Board member Nick Metalious agreed, saying, "I don't think you can ever say never in a situation like this."
"We are negotiating with Concord as we speak, but everything is subject to change. It is a very fluid situation that is still all up in the air. All schools are on the table right now even though we are not negotiating with other schools at the moment," Gorman said.
"No question Concord is one of the best districts in the state. It has had a good working relationship with Deerfield. It is an excellent situation and excellent school, however, with anything else it is supply and demand and there are other schools out there needing students we have had preliminary negotiations with," he said.
If an agreement is not worked out by midnight, officials from both sides said it would not affect the current 200 or so Deerfield high school students enrolled at Concord.
Despite shopping around, Gorman said that Concord was never kept out of the loop and was never ruled out as an option.
"While I am not on the negotiations committee, from what I hear and what I understand things are going very well. No bickering, no he said she said type of stuff. I don't know if an agreement will be hammered out, I have no idea. I would like to see one though, but that is my own personal opinion and hope. But that is up to the negotiation committee for both districts."
"The number of rumors running around, ever since we started this process is just unbelievable. I mean we could go (to Pembroke), there are no absolutes at this point," Gorman said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement
- Do you like the new University of New Hampshire logo?
- Total Votes: 383