Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Boutiques transform a city block
Her pride is evident from the investment she has made in her new storefront. Kaitlen Hannah's lilac exterior and new sign paired with K-Fab's signature pink circle and trendy window displays are sure to draw more women, and hopefully more businesses, to a section of downtown not known for shopping.
More for mommies
I recently enrolled my two youngest boys in an art class at Bedford's Nini Bambini and discovered an amazing resource for new and expectant parents. I shouldn't be surprised because it was started by Nina Cullen.
Give Away Day
I think I've learned of something even better than a yard sale. It's Give Away Day at Manchester Church of Christ at 66 Mammoth Road. Suzie Peacock, the church's secretary, said the church has spent the last month collecting unwanted, usable items from its members, including appliances, furniture, clothing, toys and more. They will give it all away from 9 a.m. until 1 p.m. this Saturday.
"Rent" is an amazing Broadway show and it is your last chance to see it at the Palace Theatre this weekend. Performances are scheduled for Thursday and Friday at 7:30 p.m. and Saturday at 2 and 7:30 p.m.
The music is phenomenal and you should see it.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Bill Duncan: What did the NH Supreme Court really say about private school funding? - 6
- Charles Arlinghaus: NH's job problem needs more than one fix - 5
- Pat Buchanan: In Scotland, it's economic man vs. tribal man - 0
- Another View -- Sharon Day: The Democrats' claim to be the party for women is just not believable - 81
- Deroy Murdock: Stuff the Obama lunch tax - 2
- David Harsanyi: The senators who really threaten America - 1
- Your Turn, NH -- Ted Menswar Jr.: How Manchester pulled together to honor one of its greats - 1
- Jonah Goldberg: Is the Islamic State really un-Islamic? - 5
- George Will: Scotland's epic vote - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kuster, Shea-Porter split on vote to arm Syrian rebels - 0
- Man arrested in White Park stabbing in Concord - 0
- Motorcyclist in serious condition at Maine hospital following crash on Route 125 in Rochester - 0
- Rochester 10-year-old, grandmother escape fire in home with no smoke detectors - 0
- Two arrested, car and cash seized in SWAT raid, drug bust at South Mammoth Road home in Manchester - 0
- Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too - 3
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: Modified tour is shortened - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Pats wary of veteran playmaker Woodson - 0
- College Football: Expect offense when Richmond, UNH meet - 0
Keene man charged with assault on 2-year-old
Casino gambles: Hopes dashed all over
Mark Hayward's City Matters: Dean Kamen is a genius inventor, and he's pretty good at oratory, too