Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: NASCAR, comics and question of the week
"About the NASCAR article on front page of Sat. paper. Aren't we supposed to conserve fuel, not run around in a circle, like a bunch of morons.
Gosh, I wish readers would tell me how they really feel about the paper.
But this writer signed his name, so he gets credit for that. I will be kind and not divulge it to the "morons" who drive the NASCAR circuit. Some of them are pretty tough, and I don't just mean Danica Patrick.
I also think many of the old TV shows were better, especially when it comes to shows for kids. "Leave it to Beaver" and "The Brady Bunch" still hold up pretty well and teach life lessons without being preachy and certainly without resorting to the gutter language and themes of today's TV fare. Come to think of it, there are no comparably good shows for kids today, not at least that I have run across.
Why didn't she turn herself into a pumpkin?
My own question of the week: Is it still the America's Cup when the winning "American" team has only one American on the crew?
The fix may be as easy as using the "clear cached web content" feature on your web browser, be it Firefox or Google Chrome or something else.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Age may change, but not our standards - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: A few 'ouches' aside, week went pretty well - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: On lice and why Marie Antoinette lost head - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Travolta app proof we can handle anything - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Weighty matters during wait at the DMV - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Frustrations aside, my thanks, plow guys - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Lot in a name, so we want to get them right - 1
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Any meaning to groundhog predictions? - 0
- Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: Glad to get emails; well, one of 'em, anyway - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Legal Perspective -- Health care decision making: Pending legislation fills gap - 0
- GoShopNH offers workshop to NH artisans on selling their products online - 0
- Christopher Thompson's Closing the Deal: Be a student of your profession - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Lacrosse: Bedford proving Division I-worthy - 0
- NHIAA Baseball: Londonderry's Corey escapes seventh-inning jam in win - 0
- Pope presides at Vatican Mass leading Catholics into Easter - 0
- Top-ranked B's seek to tie up series - 0
- Bottoms up for Red Sox in win over Orioles - 0
- Struggling Fisher Cats defeated again - 0
Man electrocuted at Keene brush fire
Citizens Bank robbed Saturday in Manchester