Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: NASCAR, comics and question of the week
"About the NASCAR article on front page of Sat. paper. Aren't we supposed to conserve fuel, not run around in a circle, like a bunch of morons.
Gosh, I wish readers would tell me how they really feel about the paper.
But this writer signed his name, so he gets credit for that. I will be kind and not divulge it to the "morons" who drive the NASCAR circuit. Some of them are pretty tough, and I don't just mean Danica Patrick.
I also think many of the old TV shows were better, especially when it comes to shows for kids. "Leave it to Beaver" and "The Brady Bunch" still hold up pretty well and teach life lessons without being preachy and certainly without resorting to the gutter language and themes of today's TV fare. Come to think of it, there are no comparably good shows for kids today, not at least that I have run across.
Why didn't she turn herself into a pumpkin?
My own question of the week: Is it still the America's Cup when the winning "American" team has only one American on the crew?
The fix may be as easy as using the "clear cached web content" feature on your web browser, be it Firefox or Google Chrome or something else.
READER COMMENTS: 5
- New Hampshire begins spring ritual: posting road weight limits - 0
- NH DOT to seek bids to build new bridge over Mascoma River in Lebanon - 0
- Blasting for Spaulding Turnpike work to continue in Newington - 0
- Dover declares downtown parking ban on Wednesday - 0
- Road work hurdles remain in Milford - 2
- Cost estimates for replacing Sarah Mildred Long Bridge in Portsmouth higher than expected - 0
- NH DOT to unveil plans to replace New Castle-Rye span - 0
- Portsmouth bridge repairs to take six to eight weeks - 0
- Bridge work over Route 1 Bypass reroutes Portsmouth traffic - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Merrimack survives scare - 0
- NHIAA Tournament Roundup: Central breaks away from Exeter - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth drops tournament opener - 0
- FEMA OKs $8m for repairs in Lincoln, Lebanon - 0
- Official says Manchester lost out on $1.5m for cell tower court has now ordered built - 5
- John Habib's City Sports: Derryfield's 'Mouse' made his mark - 1
- Rondo leads Celtics past Nets - 0
- Hats off to O'Neill, Monarchs - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball: Maughn, Memorial top Londonderry - 0
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief