Joe McQuaid's Publisher's Notebook: NASCAR, comics and question of the week
"About the NASCAR article on front page of Sat. paper. Aren't we supposed to conserve fuel, not run around in a circle, like a bunch of morons.
Gosh, I wish readers would tell me how they really feel about the paper.
But this writer signed his name, so he gets credit for that. I will be kind and not divulge it to the "morons" who drive the NASCAR circuit. Some of them are pretty tough, and I don't just mean Danica Patrick.
I also think many of the old TV shows were better, especially when it comes to shows for kids. "Leave it to Beaver" and "The Brady Bunch" still hold up pretty well and teach life lessons without being preachy and certainly without resorting to the gutter language and themes of today's TV fare. Come to think of it, there are no comparably good shows for kids today, not at least that I have run across.
Why didn't she turn herself into a pumpkin?
My own question of the week: Is it still the America's Cup when the winning "American" team has only one American on the crew?
The fix may be as easy as using the "clear cached web content" feature on your web browser, be it Firefox or Google Chrome or something else.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Calling all area Muchachos - 0
- Scene in Manchester: Runners get ready to travel back in time - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Bootcamp takes chocolate to a new level - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Dinner offers delicious way to honor local farmers - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Cyclists work to ride safely on city streets - 1
- Scene in Manchester: We're getting older, and it's time for NH to talk about it - 3
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Sing (even badly) for a truly great cause - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Time to lace up and hit the road - 0
- Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Clam King tales put past in context - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Jayne Millerick: Dems scaring women by misleading them on contraception - 0
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 0
- Patriots Notebook: Ongoing renovations in Foxborough - 0
- Three years later, investigation continues into homicide of Celina Cass - 0
- Nashua celebration in the works for Medal of Honor recipient - 0
- Fisher Cats down Senators in road trip opener - 0
- No water for Manchester sewer bill scofflaws? - 0
- New Boston mulch processing plant plans under review - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Defense attorney seeks home confinement for drug addict - 0
Market Basket walkout a future case study
UPDATED: Thousands of Market Basket employees rally; company board issues statement on purchase offer, reaffirms support for new CEOs
Basket case: Saga of a supermarket