Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Gronk would help, but he's no cure-all
No problem, coach. We've got this one.
Gronkowski would have helped the Patriots in the red zone. A lot.
That's as obvious as the numbers showing that the athletic tight end with an enormous wing span scored more red zone touchdowns (29) than any player in the NFL over his first three years in the league. He's a big target for Tom Brady, with hands capable of making tough catches in the tight spaces he carves for himself.
Clearly, then, New England can succeed in the red zone without their All-Pro tight end, but what's not yet clear is whether it can do so without the other parts that have gone more permanently missing.
Dave D'Onofrio covers the Patriots for the New Hampshire Union Leader and Sunday News. His e-mail address is email@example.com.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Inspiration personified: Plymouth State's Josh Morgan - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Rookie to the rescue - 0
- Napoli returns to Boston with two-year deal - 0
- Celtics come up big against Nuggets - 0
- Johnson honored for sixth NASCAR title - 0
- Kilpatrick leads UNH women past Dartmouth - 0
- UNH, Dartmouth football players named All-New England - 0
- Manchester Monarchs beat Portland Pirates in shootout - 0
- Wildcats shut down Black Bears again - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840