Plymouth keeps Trinity's offense at bay
Trinity was trailing by 14 and faced a fourth-and-two situation from its own 11-yard line. Trinity elected to go for the first down, but the Plymouth defense held and handed the ball to its offense deep in Pioneer territory.
Plymouth halfback Jared Kuehl carried the ball 25 times for 182 yards and three touchdowns, two of which came in the fourth quarter. He scored on a 3-yard run with 3:52 to play and on an 11-yard run with 3:36 left. Silas Murray capped the Plymouth scoring with his fifth point-after kick.
Trinity's touchdowns came on Carmen Giampetruzzi's 1-yard quarterback sneak with 10:39 left in the fourth quarter, and Saikou Bah's 44-yard run with 2:00 to play. Bah also added the two-point conversion following his touchdown.
Plymouth led 7-0 after one quarter, 14-0 at halftime and 21-0 entering the third.
Plymouth's first-half touchdowns came on Kuehl's 9-yard run on Plymouth's first possession, and a 23-yard pass from Sullivan to tight end Kyle Reisert with 3.2 seconds left in the half.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 3
- Tuesday's Mega Millions jackpot now at $585 million - 0
- New Hampshire's homeless remembered in Laconia vigil - 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 1
- Abigail's mother speaks of hope on ABC's Good Morning America - 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Beltran, Yankees make it official
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840