NHIAA Football: Latimore, Pinkerton roll over Londonderry
Pinkerton extended its Division I winning streak to three games by beating rival Londonderry, 35-14, Saturday night as part of Mack Plaque weekend.
The Astros received a rushing touchdown from fullback Matt Madden, and one from Hanaway. The Astros led 7-0 after one quarter, 14-0 at halftime and 28-7 entering the fourth.
After Latimore's kickoff return helped Pinkerton build a 21-0 lead, Londonderry answered when Jon Young scored on a 75-yard run with 11:22 to play in the third.
After Londonderry made it 28-14 on a 9-yard TD pass from quarterback Aaron Gaudet to Eric Fairweather and Justin Olin's PAT with 6:57 to play, Pinkerton answered on a 14-yard TD run by Hanaway with 2:07 left.
Things won't get any easier for the Lancers next weekend, when they will play at unbeaten Concord (4-0). Pinkerton can extend its winning streak to four games when it plays at Manchester Memorial (1-3) on Saturday.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Parents share what makes Abigail a special girl - 1
- Abigail's mother speaks of hope on ABC's Good Morning America - 0
- South Africa's Nelson Mandela dies at 95 - 3
- Suicide bomber, gunmen kill 52 in Yemen - 0
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 10
- Charitable organizations raise money, and lift spirits with Christmas tree sales - 0
- Holiday edition reminder to our readers - 1
- 600 gather for New Horizons soup kitchen, shelter fundraiser - 0
- Conn. school shooting probe ends with gunman's motives unknown - 43
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840