Home » Opinion » Editorials
Hunting season: No time to be careless
That's good advice, particularly as New Hampshire gears up for hunting season.
Pheasant season has started. Deer season won't be far behind.
Everyone needs to pay extra heed, and the incident to which Atty. Bell referred bears sad witness to that.
One man died two years ago in the New Hampshire woods, and last week a second man was convicted of negligent homicide and reckless conduct.
So one father, son and brother is dead and another man will spend years behind bars.
"Whether he was wearing a tuxedo or a Scuba outfit doesn't matter," Atty. Bell said. "When you fire a bullet, you own it."
Be careful out there.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- U.S. says Islamic State video of journalist's killing is authentic - 0
- No paper on Monday; check UnionLeader.com for updated, breaking news - 0
- Concord attorney Leahy dies - 0
- Robin Williams’ ashes are scattered in San Francisco Bay - 0
- Syracuse, Iowa crowned top party schools - 0
- Parking fines cause disputes, raise revenues - 1
- Jon Cavaiani dies at 70; desperate stand in '71 led to Medal of Honor - 0
- Meriam Ibrahim, family welcomed as long journey ends in Manchester - 2
- Moose International files suit to claim Claremont lodge - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
Goodell vows domestic violence change
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem