Lost Mass. hikers led out of White Mountain National Forest
Conservation officers received a call at about 8 p.m. Sunday that the three women were lost near the Bolles Trail, about 2½ miles from the trail head in Albany.
But that trail has been damaged by heavy storms that washed out bridges and made sections difficult to follow.
Cell phone GPS signals were used to track the women and Conservation Officers made their way through the washed-out sections of trail to find them.
They were led uninjured out of the woods at about 12:30 am. Sunday after a 70-minute trip back down the mountain.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.