Lost Mass. hikers led out of White Mountain National Forest
Conservation officers received a call at about 8 p.m. Sunday that the three women were lost near the Bolles Trail, about 2½ miles from the trail head in Albany.
But that trail has been damaged by heavy storms that washed out bridges and made sections difficult to follow.
Cell phone GPS signals were used to track the women and Conservation Officers made their way through the washed-out sections of trail to find them.
They were led uninjured out of the woods at about 12:30 am. Sunday after a 70-minute trip back down the mountain.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Students, volunteers keep salmon stocking effort afloat - 1
- Brush fire damages small shed in Auburn - 0
- NH Club Briefs: Effingham society program on 'Big Trees of NH' - 0
- Efforts by sailor's family to bring remains home from Pearl Harbor pay off - 1
- Good weather helping effort to clear Mount Washington Auto Road - 0
- The Stray Birds to play Peterborough show - 0
- Multiday Monadnock International Film Festival puts lens on greater good - 0
- Death Cab for Cutie schedules road trip to Manchester - 0
- Brad Paisley's 'Perfect Storm' to roll into Lakes Region - 0
The Stray Birds to play Peterborough show