Lost Mass. hikers led out of White Mountain National Forest
Conservation officers received a call at about 8 p.m. Sunday that the three women were lost near the Bolles Trail, about 2½ miles from the trail head in Albany.
But that trail has been damaged by heavy storms that washed out bridges and made sections difficult to follow.
Cell phone GPS signals were used to track the women and Conservation Officers made their way through the washed-out sections of trail to find them.
They were led uninjured out of the woods at about 12:30 am. Sunday after a 70-minute trip back down the mountain.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mega Millions helping many dream of a green Christmas - 7
- Youth's light show is bright but donations are down in Dover - 0
- Public to get more information on $74 million Salem High School project - 0
- Cranmore to Host Memorial for Jimmy Mersereau - 0
- Be a Media Smart Family for the Holidays - 0
- Selectmen approve rules for temporary signs - 0
- Holiday Food Basket Project marks 40 years of feeding the hungry - 0
- Candia students get a taste of computer coding during 'Hour of Code' - 0
- Auburn weighs changes to road agent position - 0
The rise of the snowmen
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Be a Media Smart Family for the Holidays
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan