Home » Sports » College Sports
High-flying Lehigh will be a test for UNH
Many college football teams will have played five games by the time Saturday is over.
The University of New Hampshire is a bit behind. The Wildcats did not play the first weekend of the season and then were off last week.
UNH must slow down Lehigh senior quarterback Brandon Bialkowski, who had not thrown a pass before this season, and his high-powered offense this afternoon.
Bialkowski has completed 84 of his 125 passes for 1,171 yards and has thrown nine touchdown passes and been intercepted four times.
The Mountain Hawks are also giving up 500.3 yards of offense a game.
The Wildcats get a few players back from injury, thanks in part to having last week off.
Andy Vailas, the junior quarterback out of Bedford and Bishop Guertin High School in Nashua, has completed 34 of his 51 passes (64.2 percent) for 369 yards and three touchdowns. He has thrown one interception.
- - - -
Dartmouth takes on Holy Cross tonight at 7 in its home opener. The Big Green beat Butler, 30-23 on the road last week. Holy Cross is 1-3. . . . Plymouth State plays at UMass-Dartmouth today at 4. The Panthers are 1-2. UMass-Dartmouth is 0-2.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Big challenges? Bring ’em on - 3
- Florida State's Winston captures Heisman Trophy by a landslide - 0
- College Football: UNH in FCS semifinals for first time ever - 2
- College Sports Roundup: SNHU men cagers can't hold big lead against Merrimack - 1
- Good-natured talk leads to friendly bet in UNH game - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Hard work paid off for UNH coaches - 0
- College Football: UNH on a business trip - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats have come a long way - 1
- Dartmouth skaters dealt another close loss - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'