Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Police arrest bicycle bank robber in Portsmouth
Jamie Pointer, 27, of 115 Ledgewood Drive, was charged with one count of robbery and is being held on $50,000 cash bail. Pointer is scheduled for arraignment Monday.
Police began searching the area following the 2 p.m. robbery at 254 State St. Witnesses told police they were looking for a man who changed clothes and left on a bike.
Detectives worked with bank employees to obtain photographs of the suspect that were broadcast to area police departments and media outlets.
Portsmouth Police Sgt. Aaron Goodwin and Det. Rochelle Jones recognized the pictures might be a person known to police. Officers were asked to be on the lookout for that person and anyone else possibly matching the description.
At 3 p.m., New Hampshire State Police Trooper Anthony Cattabrigga located a man on Grafton Road matching the surveillance photographs and helped detain him.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Brothers accused of stealing candy from launderette - 0
- Maine man faces charges for alleged baseball bat beating - 0
- Man holds car thief at bay with gun until police arrive - 31
- Corrections officials may delay mail restrictions - 1
- City logs 2 robberies within 45 minutes - 0
- Police say man kept suspect at gunpoint in Nashua hospital parking lot - 2
- Loan company and its officials accused of operating illegally in NH - 3
- Two robberies within 45 minutes in Manchester - 2
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 2
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424