Apr 10, 2014
Apr 3, 2014
Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Police arrest bicycle bank robber in Portsmouth
Jamie Pointer, 27, of 115 Ledgewood Drive, was charged with one count of robbery and is being held on $50,000 cash bail. Pointer is scheduled for arraignment Monday.
Police began searching the area following the 2 p.m. robbery at 254 State St. Witnesses told police they were looking for a man who changed clothes and left on a bike.
Detectives worked with bank employees to obtain photographs of the suspect that were broadcast to area police departments and media outlets.
Portsmouth Police Sgt. Aaron Goodwin and Det. Rochelle Jones recognized the pictures might be a person known to police. Officers were asked to be on the lookout for that person and anyone else possibly matching the description.
At 3 p.m., New Hampshire State Police Trooper Anthony Cattabrigga located a man on Grafton Road matching the surveillance photographs and helped detain him.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say trio used Craigslist to lure, rob contractor - 0
- Burglars take $210K in cash from safe in Salem home - 0
- Judge rejects new rape trial for ex-Salem planning board member - 0
- Manchester Crimewatch: Man accused of writing company checks to himself - 0
- Police say man clocked doing 100 on Route 11 in Wilmot - 0
- Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales - 5
- Student brings knife into Nashua school - 0
- Ex-director jailed for theft from Londonderry nursery school - 2
- Ex-coach found not guilty on sexual assault charges a second time - 9
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Late rally spurs Fishers over B-Mets - 0
- Datsyuk goal lets Wings take flight over Bruins in playoff opener - 0
- Monarchs finish regular season with OT loss - 0
- Keystone XL pipeline decision delayed, likely until after elections - 0
- Spring fever brings hope for U.S. investors as earnings season looms - 0
- Merrimack storage facility to be region's largest - 0
- C's lose tiebreaker for draft order - 0
- NHIAA Girls' Lacrosse: Pinkerton girls rout Salem - 0
- NHIAA Softball: Dover's speed foils Central - 0
Portsmouth arrests 2 for heroin sales
Decency displayed: Havenstein's nice start
Manchester superintendent kills controversial redistricting plan following parental opposition
Sen. Odell won't seek re-election
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917