Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Police arrest bicycle bank robber in Portsmouth
Jamie Pointer, 27, of 115 Ledgewood Drive, was charged with one count of robbery and is being held on $50,000 cash bail. Pointer is scheduled for arraignment Monday.
Police began searching the area following the 2 p.m. robbery at 254 State St. Witnesses told police they were looking for a man who changed clothes and left on a bike.
Detectives worked with bank employees to obtain photographs of the suspect that were broadcast to area police departments and media outlets.
Portsmouth Police Sgt. Aaron Goodwin and Det. Rochelle Jones recognized the pictures might be a person known to police. Officers were asked to be on the lookout for that person and anyone else possibly matching the description.
At 3 p.m., New Hampshire State Police Trooper Anthony Cattabrigga located a man on Grafton Road matching the surveillance photographs and helped detain him.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- Anderson lewdness trial is delayed - 5
- Police: Christmas cards stolen from mailboxes - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 5
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
- PSNH on defense over scrubber cost 'escalation' - 2
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424