Home » Sports » College Sports
College Football: Southern Connecticut rolls over St. Anselm
The Hawks rallied for a couple of touchdowns in the final quarter, but came up short and fell to 0-4 for the season.
Hawk junior Justin Bernard caught 10 passes for 88 yards.
St. Anselm had 353 yards of total offense and 327 came through the air.
The Owls opened up a 28-3 halftime lead on the way to evening their record at 2-2.
UNH 3, UMass 2 (OT): In Amherst, Mass., Meg Flatley and Melyssa Woods scored late goals to erase a two-goal deficit and the Wildxcats got an own goal 10:15 into overtime for a win over seventh-ranked UMass. UNH extended its winning streak to three games to improve to 4-4 overall. UMass is 7-3.LIU 4, Franklin Pierce 0: Freshman goalkeeper Amy Zahensky, of Bow, made a season-best 16 saves in the Franklin Pierce cage.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Reports: Yankees get Red Sox Jacoby Ellsbury - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Making the case for Carpenter - 0
- Vin Sylvia: Newly retired Chris Carpenter planning to move back to NH - 0
- Gomes hopes Red Sox retain all their free agents - 0
- Carpenter lauded as one of Cardinals' all-time greats - 1
- Amherst's Huntington runner-up to Cherington - 0
- Cherington garners Executive of the Year - 0
- Red Sox extend offers to Elsbury, Napoli and Drew - 0
- Dave D'Donofrio's Sox Beat: Redemption Sox - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
Hooksett confident contract to send students to Pinkerton doesn't violate Manchester settlement