Manchester Invitational XC set for Saturday
"We're going to have 136 schools in our meet Saturday," said Coby Jacobus, head coach at Manchester Central. "This is going to be a talented field. Many outstanding runners are coming because Manchester will be hosting the New England championships on Nov. 9 at Derryfield Park."
Locally in the boys' field Jacobus said Bishop Guertin of Nashua, Oyster River of Durham, Merrimack Valley of Penacook, Pinkerton Academy of Derry and Bedford have the talent to place high in the team standings.
"The girls' teams are wide open. There's so many teams to mention I'd hate to leave a few out. It's that competitive and close this year."
On the boys' side, top runners include Joe Settineri of Salem, Damon Kilgore of Londonderry, Abram Gagnon of Central, Justin Trott of Winnacunnet, Tristan Winship of Bedford and Jeremy Brassard of Coe-Brown.
In each race the top five individuals will determine a team's score. Entries in the races will be limited to seven runners per team.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Indoor track results - 0
- Central-Trinity: It's time - 2
- Trinity, BG skaters open with victories - 0
- Central vs. Trinity: 'competition, not warfare' - 5
- NHIAA preview: Boys' ice hockey races appear to be wide open - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Windham boys prevail in hoop opener - 0
- NHIAA Boys' Basketball Preview: Top dogs still have lots of bite - 1
- NHIAA Roundup: Bow's balance too much for Kearsarge - 0
- Rich won’t return to coach Londonderry football - 1
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 4
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0